LEARN EVERYTHING ABOUT TANGO ARRANGEMENTS
ARRANGING TANGO is the first online course aimed to develop your skills as an arranger. After several months of development and investigation, we are glad to announce the launch of this new course, where we put at your disposal all our knowdledge about the most important techniques needed to write arrangements for yourself.
Aimed at musicians interested in writing tango arrangements. We will analyze the works of the most outstanding arrangers of the genre, placing special emphasis on the use of the characteristic turns of each orchestral style. For this, original scores of the most emblematic typical orchestras will be studied working with the audios and analyzing the arrangements. The goal is to provide the tools to capture our creative ideas in different types of ensemble.
As everything we do in Tangoideas, our course is completely personalized. For this reason, after your enrollment you will get lifetime access to your dashboard, but also you will have access to eight two-hours Zoom meetings with both teachers, who will guide you not only in the process of understanding the concepts, but also will review your assignments from class to class.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Introduction / Creative Process
- Melody (Preview)
- Substitutions / Secondary dominants
- II minor relative
- Pedal Point
- Form diagram
- Marking models:
- Marcato in 4
- Marcato in 2
- Marcato in 2 (inverted)
- Anticipated syncopation
- “A tierra” syncopation (grounded)
- Succesive syncopations
- Pesante in 4
- Pesante in 2
- Half notes
- Bassline design in tango:
- Scale steps
- Walking bass (Piazzolla style)
- No 3rd (Tonic and Dominant)
- Link phrases:
- Melody harmonization:
- Parallel 3rds and/or 6ths
- Contrary motion (counterpoint)
- Harmonization in blocks
- Secondary melody (countermelody)
- Secondary melody as part of the composition
- Legato and Rhythmic
- Rhythmic and melodic variations
- Variations in Solo
- Variations in Soli
- Milonga campera
- Milonga ciudadana
- Bassline design
- The melody:
- Marking models in Milonga
- Marking models in Vals
- String section:
- Block reharmonization
- The two roles of the cello
- Double function in the string section
- Bandoneon section:
- Block reharmonization
- Rhythmic-harmonic section (Piano + Double bass)
- Accompanied melody
- Block chords
- String section:
- Orchestration (second part)
- Extended techniques
- Double bass
- Piazzolla and Salgán
- Characteristics of their styles
- Aesthetic evolution
- Harmonic, melodic and rhythmic turns
- Quinteto Nuevo Tango / Quinteto Real
- Its importance in the evolution of Tango
- Musical analysis of their scores
- Recommended discography
Once you finish the course, you still have access to all the content through our platform, including audio and video examples, and future updates of the course. Simply login and keep learning.
- 8 Units – 8 videochat classes (2 hours)
- Content unlocked after each class
- Individual or small groups
- 2-4 months: you can choose to schedule 1 class per week or each 15 days
- Assignments for each unit
- Live revisions of the assignments
- Requirements: read and write music / Use of notation software (optional)
- Languages: English/Spanish
I am very happy with everything.A happy customer
This is the best course ever!!!A happy customer
ARRANGING TANGO COURSE
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The course is aimed to build skills for every style and every instrument combination you want to arrange. Anyway, we take the golden age of the most important orchestras, because through the analysis of these pieces you will have the basis for every style.
No. Once you enroll, we put in contact with you to offer several options and schedule the classes. For a better organization, we recommend to take one class per week, and if possible, book a same day and time for the full course. But you can also schedule the classes every two weeks, or ask to change a day with anticipation.
Yes, but the other people must also buy the course, because the dashboard is individual, and also the assignments. For example, it’s a good idea to take the course between some members of the same project. In that case, we can offer a discounted package.
Because all the content is explained in detail by the teachers in class. For this reason, after each class, you will get access to the content learned.
The assignments are specific exercises about the Unit. Generally, you can complete them in one or two days. In order to review the assignments in class, we ask to deliver it 48-24 hours before the videochat.
DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER QUESTIONS?
Please contact us to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill the Contact Form with your questions and we will put in contact with you soon afterwards.